1. Contracting Party
By placing an order (‘Order’) for Products and Services you will be entering into a legally binding contract with SlamMyVan Ltd (company registration number 12839533), whose registered office address is 90 High Street, Brownhills, Walsall, West Midlands, WS8 6EW trading as SlamMyVan Ltd for the supply of Products and Services.
2. How to Contact Us
- a) E-mail at email@example.com
- b) Call Customer Services on 07947 736 746
- c) Write to us at our head office: 90 High Street, Brownhills, Walsall, West Midlands, WS8 6EW
- d) Visit our Service Centre (strictly by appointment only): Unit 1, Progress Drive, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 0JE
3. Service Bookings
- a) Specific times may be booked for Services. If you have selected a specific time, please be punctual or our ability to offer the Service on that day may be impacted. If you are delayed please contact us immediately or your appointment will be cancelled.
- b) For Servicing, your vehicle should be with Us before 9.30am, unless otherwise advised by Us.
- c) Should you not arrive within 2 hours of a Service appointment and fail to notify Us of a reason why your Service slot will be cancelled and a cancellation charge due. Please see section 16.
- d) Any vehicle recording equipment (dashcams) that is sited in the vehicle must be switched off and disconnected. Should staff find that recording software is active the footage will be deleted and the equipment disconnected.
4. Order Acceptance
- a) Acceptance of Service will take place when We e-mail or telephone you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and Us.
- b) If We are unable to accept your Service, We will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the Products or Services. This might be because a Product used in the Service is out of stock or because the Service may not suit your vehicle.
- c) We retain the right to refuse to accept your Order solely at Our discretion. If there is concern that there is an attempt to place an Order dishonestly, fraudulently, by impersonating someone else or by attempting to use payment details which have been stolen, We will make additional checks and if appropriate involve external authorities including the passing of any data given to Us as part of that process to law enforcement parties.
- d) We are a cash only business. This is due to the value of the parts We sell combined with the Service charges and to avoid fraudulent Chargebacks which has become very popular during the Covid-19 pandemic.
5. Supply and Service Performance Dates
- Any dates for supply of the Products and/or performance of the Services are estimates and whilst We will always try to meet those dates We will not be liable for any minor delays or failures. In particular, We will not be liable for any delays nor pay compensation caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including but not limited to, adverse weather conditions, the Covid-19 crisis or similar, staff illness or a general market shortage of particular Products.
- a) Purchases of Products and Services may only be made by residents of, and/or individuals, located in the United Kingdom
- b) All Services ordered or booked by whichever communication means are carried out at Our Service centre.
7. Specification of Products and Services
- a) All Products We fit will correspond with supplied specification and be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. We may, after the date of the contract, make reasonable changes to the specification of any Products or Services where that is required to ensure compliance with any applicable law or code of practice and/or where those changes do not result in any reduction to the standard, quality or performance of the Products or Services in question or otherwise place you at any disadvantage.
- b) All Services will be performed by Us using all reasonable skill, care and diligence.
- c) A customer must inform Us of any parts they require to be fitted in line with the Service offered. Although We can suggest or recommend parts to be fitted We cannot be held responsible for customers who fail to omit parts as part of the job process that is required as part of the work or Services.
- a) All quotations are valid for 7 days from the date of issue, unless they include a specific promotional offer which has an earlier expiry date. The expiry date of promotional offers will be clearly marked.
- b) Once Services have started We carry out a basic underside vehicle check and you will be notified during the fitting process of any damage found or other Products that may be required which will be noted on the Sales file.
9. Ownership of Products
- All Products supplied remain Our property until paid for by you in full although this retention of ownership will not affect any claim which We may have against you for the payment of any overdue amount.
10. Removal of Parts
- All parts removed in the course of upgrading the vehicle will be disposed of by Us unless you notify Us before the Service has started that the original parts are required.
In the event of a claim being made against Us for damage any parts removed will be kept by Us for future reference in the event a claim is submitted before the Courts.
- a) The guarantee provided by Us applies from the date Services commenced and for fitment of any new parts.
- b) Guarantees are not transferable and only apply to the person who made the original purchase. Please ensure you retain your invoice, as proof of purchase is necessary before work can be carried out under the guarantee.
- c) Our guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
- d) You must notify Us of any guarantee claim as soon as reasonably possible after becoming aware of the fault or issue in question. Return your vehicle to Our Service centre together with your guarantee, your original receipt and any other paperwork provided to you. Please be sure to keep your original paperwork safe as a failure to produce this could impact on your ability to claim.
- e) Should you disassemble, strip, modify or dispose of parts We have fitted for any reason then any guarantee We offered will immediately cease from this time.
12. Liability for Damage to Products
- a) Once any Products have been supplied you will become liable for any loss or damage to those Products unless such loss or damage was caused by Us.
13. Liability for Damage to Vehicle Parts
- If an adaptor or special type of socket is required to remove wheel nuts/lugs then it MUST be supplied prior to any work starting. This includes any locking wheel nut remover and their associated adaptor or socket. We do not hold specific adaptors or locking wheel nut removers for different brands of alloy wheels.
If you fail to inform Us or deliberately withhold information that specialist equipment is required to remove wheel/s from the vehicle then We take no responsibility for any damage caused. The onus is on the customer to inform and give Us any specialist equipment required before Services commence.
14. Liability for Structural Defects
- a) We will not be liable for any damage to your vehicle which is caused as a direct result of structural defects or weaknesses unless that damage is caused as a direct result of a breach of Our obligations in this contract.
A report of the vehicles condition including any wheel damage will be noted before any work is carried out. Photographs of the vehicle at various stages of work will also be retained and kept with the Service file.
This report will be sent to the customer after completion of the job noting any defects or damage before, during or post completion of the work.
- b) We are not liable for any pre-exisiting damage that can or will cause structual damage or failure.
15. Allowing Us the Opportunity to put Things Right
- a) If you suffer any loss or damage for which you believe We are responsible for then you must notify Us before departure and afford Us a reasonable opportunity to remedy the problem and you must take reasonable steps to immediately minimise or avoid any loss or damage which you may suffer as a result of Our breach of contract.
- b) We will not be held responsible for any loss or damage if you fail to notify Us before departure and afford Us a reasonable opportunity to put it right and/or which could have been avoided or minimised by you taking reasonable steps which you failed to take. See Sections 13 and 14.
- c) We will not be held responsible for any damage upon you leaving Our premises for which you failed to notify Us of before departure.
- d) Customers must check their vehicle before departure for signs of loss or damage and notify Us of any issues before departure.
16. Cancellations and Refunds
- For Services: If you decide to cancel this contract after We have started the supply of Products and Services to you We reserve the right to charge you for any products or services purchased and fitted.
Should you book and fail to arrive to a service appointment and give no notification of cancellation we reserve the right to charge you a cancellation fee of £75.00 which will be invoiced and sent to you for payment.
17. Cleaning of the Vehicle
- As part of the Service We offer, We give the front cabin of the vehicle a quick vacuum. This is not intended to remove deep stains nor is a specialist valet service. If you do not require Us to carry this out please notify Us before Services commence.
18. Images Placed on our Social Media Pages
- During the Service We take visual images of the vehicle which also includes before and after images of the Service We offer. We will use those images on our social media pages however personal identifiable information (vehicle registration number) will be obscured.
If your vehicle is sign written and you would prefer Us not to use the images on Our social media pages for advertising purposes please inform Us at the time of booking the vehicle in.
19. Vehicles Left on Estate Roads
- We are not liable for any damage, theft, attempted theft and vandalism or similar to vehicles that you may park or leave unattended on the estate roads.
Large lorries do park on the estate and customers must ensure they park their vehicle safely without causing any obstructions to entrances or exits or blocking other units access.
20. Data Protection